Welcome to my website! My name is Jeff Badu and I am a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the state of Illinois. I am the Owner & Practitioner of Badu Tax Services, LLC and my firm specializes in tax preparation, tax planning, and tax representation for individuals and businesses. I truly have a passion for helping people save money and my firm’s mission is to help you maximize your financial security. I also have a passion for personal finance and my goal is to help as many individuals become as financially literate as possible. I achieve this goal in several ways: hosting financial literacy sessions on WGHC 98.3FM in Chicago every Thursday from 7:15-7:45pm CST on various financial topics such as budgeting, distributing various financial resources (articles, newsletters, market updates, etc.) to the community through my firm, publishing financial literacy articles periodically on my website, and hosting seminars/workshops to different groups of people such as millennials.
I am a public speaker and I have spoken in various capacities. I was the Master of Ceremony of the 2014 NABA Central Region Conference (Scholarship Luncheon) and I spoke to hundreds of students and professionals. In addition, I spoke at the 2016 NABA National Convention (Scholarship Luncheon) in front of thousands of students and professionals on the topic of making an investment in college students. I am a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign alumnus and I graduated with both a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy and a Master of Science Degree in Accountancy. Furthermore, I am a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. My overall mission in life is very simple: to help people. I want to make a positive impact in people’s lives each and every day. If you would like to get in touch with me, please feel free to contact me at anytime at (773) 679-7198 or email@example.com.
Welcome to the blog! You can see my blog posts/articles below.
Check out my videos below!
Updated: January 10, 2018.
1. Mensa Education and Research Foundation Scholarship. Open to everyone. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2018. Click here to apply.
2. NABA National Scholarship. Open to NABA student members. The deadline to apply is January 31, 2018. Click here to apply.
3. Fred Bailey Scholarship. Open to UIUC undergraduate students. The deadline to apply is February 16, 2018. Click here to apply.
4. Leading the Future II Scholarship. Open to everyone. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2018. Click here to apply.
5. Mage Solar Scholarship. Open to students studying biology, medicine, law, computer science, engineering, sports and architecture. The deadline to apply is June 29, 2018. Click here to apply.
6. UIUC Legacy Scholarship. Open to UIUC students with financial need based on the FAFSA application. The deadline to apply varies. Students must apply for FAFSA in order to win the scholarship and there is no separate application for this scholarship. Click here for more information.
7. FAFSA. Restrictions may apply. Click here to apply.
8. GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine. Click here to access the search engine.
9. Sleep Scholarships and College Financial Aid Portal. Click here to access the portal.
AICPA 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy
AICPA Feed The Pig
Money Smart Week
The Simple Dollar Student Loan Consolidation Guide
Survival Guide to Personal Finance for College Students
Guide to Securing Your Child’s Credit Future
Guide to Securing Your College Student’s Credit Future
2017 Scholarship Search Platforms Review
Four Often Overlooked Factors in the Rent vs Buy Discussion
Tax Practitioner at Badu Tax Services, LLC
Property Tax Consultant at Badu Appeals
Investor at Badu Investments, LLC
Private Tutor for CPA Exam Taxation (Regulation) section at MyGuruEdge
Treasurer of NABA, Inc. Chicago Chapter
Treasurer of Ghana National Council (GNC) of Chicago
I host financial literacy sessions every Thursday from 7:15-7:45pm CST on WGHC 98.3FM. You can also listen to it by clicking here or by downloading the Tunein radio app (search for WGHC FM) or dial (563) 999-3221. Also, check out my radio interview with Eric Olson on the topic of taxes here. Furthermore, check out my Fireside chat here along with my AICPA feature here. Lastly, check out my feature in Voyage magazine here.
Please enter your name and email below to receive updates on any new blogs/articles and scholarships!
Thanks for your submission!
Get in touch with me if you have any questions/inquiries.